The direction and long-term research policies refer to the main research themes of the University of 17 August 1945 Jakarta, namely the themes listed in leading research. All excellent research at the University of 17 August 1945 Jakarta is an interdisciplinary study that is oriented towards and contributes significantly to solving some national problems. For the years 2016-2020 the University of 17 August 1945 Jakarta determines the leading research.
The research management policies and systems at the University of 17 August 1945 Jakarta are also regulated in the 2016-2020 Research Strategic Plan (Renstra). All work units will work together to achieve the strategic goals that have been set so that they can realize the vision by 2020 “To become one of the best private universities in Indonesia in the implementation of the Tri Dharma of Higher Education which synergizes with entrepreneurship and is based on Pancasila values”, as stated in the Rector’s Decree No. : 007.A / SK-REK / VMTU / I / 2016. The Research Strategic Plan of the University of 17 August 1945 Jakarta is a strategic research plan in order to meet the National Research Standards contained in the Regulation of the Minister of Cultural Education of the Republic of Indonesia No. 49/2014 concerning National Education Standards.
Referring to the 2015-2019 Kemenristekdikti Renstra, the fields mandated by the 2005-2025 RPJPN are adjusted to the RIRN As mandated by the RIRN, where the implementation of research includes ten research fields, namely:
- Food Independence,
- Creation and Utilization of New and Renewable Energy,
- Health and Drug Technology Development,
- Technology Development and Transportation Management,
- Information and communication technology,
- Defense and Security Technology Development,
- Advanced Materials,
- Disaster Management, and
- Social Humanities – Arts and Culture – Education.
Therefore, the focus of research carried out by the University of 17 August 1945 Jakarta refers to this policy which is adjusted to existing capacities. In this regard, in the 2016–2020 period, 17 August 1945 University established a leading research program with the following leading fields:
- New and Renewable Energy
- Health and Medicine
- Economics and Entrepreneurship
- Law and Civil Society.
The focus (theme) of the University of 17 August 1945 Jakarta’s leading research activities for the years 2016-2010, with 4 (four) top research topics and themes / research focuses as in the table below:
Table 1: University of 17 August 1945 Jakarta Leading Research
Featured Research Themes / Research Focus
- New and Renewable Energy Availability, Environmentally Friendly Materials, Green Technology
- Health and Medicines Herbal, Cardiovascular, Nutrition and Public Health Medicines
- Economy and Entrepreneurship Local Economy and MSMEs, Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurship Culture
- Law and Civil Society. Good and Clean Governance, Corruption Eradication, Corporation, Corporate Social Responsibility